Elementary Health and Safety (online)
Across the UK, over a thousand of individuals within the seafood industry have completed one of our Elementary Health and Safety programmes to achieve a recognised qualification. By completing this online course, individuals and businesses benefit. A health and safety qualification should be important to you and to your business.
- A nationally recognised and accredited qualification.
- Qualification awarded by Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS)
- Qualification will satisfy legal requirements for H&S in most seafood businesses.
- Elementary level qualifications are suitable for the majority of supervisors and general managers in the seafood industry.
- Our online study materials and exams are available in English.
- Most people take between 8-14 hours to study the online materials and videos to become exam-ready.
- The invigilated remote exam is via Zoom from the comfort of your own home or workplace.
- Study materials and remote exam fee is currently fully funded for seafood businesses.
“The application process was simple and many of my team have successfully completed the Elementary Food Hygiene and Elementary Health & Safety qualifications. It is fantastic to see them applying their new knowledge in their job roles.”
- Study at your own pace.
- Choose when and where you study with access to online materials 24/7.
- The online materials are presented as a series of individual chapters.
- Test your knowledge with the end of chapter self assessment questions.
- Track your progress with the online learning log.
- Take practice exams online until you are ready to sit the exam.
- When you are ready, contact us to arrange your free invigilated exam.
The course segments are provided by The Seafood Training Academy and are available to download as PDFs from the external links below:
The above online segments are also available as a complete printed open learning pack for £15.00 (inc p&p) upon request from Onshore Training.
Access additional resources by following the links below:
Requirements to access study materials and exam
- You will need an internet connection to access the materials and the remote exam.
- You will need a device with a webcam and microphone for the remote exam.
The exam is free for seafood workers and is funded by Seafish. For non-seafood workers, the cost of the exam is £25.
How to book an exam
On completion of the study materials, the next step is to book an exam. Individuals should only book an exam when ready to do so. To book an exam, please contact our Onshore Training team by following the link below.
Qualification awarded by REHIS
- On successful completion of passing the 30-question multiple choice supervised exam, students are awarded a qualification by REHIS.
- The Elementary Food Hygiene qualification is equivalent to a Level 2 Food Safety certificate and is recognised internationally.