Introduction to Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) in the seafood industry
This course is suitable for people working in the seafood industry as a processor operative, fishmonger or in fish frying. Having suitably trained staff helps businesses to operate effectively and efficiently. A HACCP qualification is important to you, your manager, customers and others.
- Qualification will satisfy most requirements for food handler training.
- The learner will gain a good understanding of HACCP which will assist them in their job role.
- No pre-course requirements although some food hygiene knowledge is helpful.
- Learners who pass the exam will receive a Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS) qualification that is recognised internationally.
One of my team attended this training course and they have been able to use their new knowledge in their daily routine. I now have even greater confidence in the food safety management system for my fishmongering business.
Information about the course
- This taught course, delivered using Zoom or Teams, will help the learner become knowledgeable in conducting hazard analysis and understand the key principles of HACCP.
- Sector specific training materials are available for bivalves, chilled fish, smoking and fish frying.
- The learning materials and exam are only available in English.
- The online exam consists of 20 multiple-choice questions and is administered by us and delivered using Zoom or Teams.
There are two parts to the course:
- Part one of the course covers prerequisites, the benefits of a team approach, what a hazard is along with the different types of hazards, low and high risk foods and the legal position.
- Part two of the course includes the seven principles of HACCP, how to draw up a process flow diagram, how to establish control measures, understand targets and tolerances and know how to develop monitoring procedures and corrective actions.
Course and exam fee
It costs £100 per person for both the course and the invigilated exam. 50% funding is currently available for qualifying businesses.
Qualification awarded by REHIS and Seafish
Learners who pass the exam will receive an Introductory Certificate in HACCP awarded by REHIS and Seafish.
Book a place on the course
To book a place on the course, please email our Onshore Training team by following the link below.