Intermediate Food Hygiene by eLearning
Across the UK, individuals within the seafood industry have completed the flexible Intermediate Food Hygiene by eLearning qualification. This industry recognised qualification provides a high level of food safety knowledge. The course is aimed at managers and supervisors in all parts of the seafood industry who need an accredited and internationally recognised Level 3 Food Safety qualification. A food hygiene qualification is important to you, your manager, customers and others.
- A highly interactive eLearning course.
- Provides a high level of food safety knowledge.
- Work at a pace, place and time that suits the learner.
- An attractive alternative to a three-day taught course.
- Post course exam is taken remotely.
- Learners who pass the exam will receive a Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS) qualification that is recognised internationally.
The e-learning Intermediate Food Hygiene programme is an excellent course tailored for supervisors and managers in the food industry. It provides an interactive learning experience that offers flexibility, ease of use and great value for money.
- Study at your own pace
- The online materials are presented as a series of 12 individual chapters.
- Course requires 20 hours of study time
- Course and exam delivered online
- General introduction
- Bacterial food poisoning and food borne infections
- Non- bacterial food poisoning
- Food contamination and its prevention
- Personal hygiene
- Food storage and temperature control
- Food preservation
- The working environment
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Common food pests and their control
- HACCP and hazard analysis
- Supervisory management
A PDF of the Intermediate Food Hygiene Handbook (hard copies are available free of charge to learners - contact the onshore team at Seafish)
Requirements to access study materials and exam
You will need an internet connection to access the materials and the remote exam.
Course and exam fee
- The course and exam cost £300 per person.
- Currently 50% support may be available from Seafish (subject to terms and conditions).
Qualification awarded by REHIS
On successful completion of passing the 20-question exam, requiring short written answers, students are awarded a qualification by the REHIS.
Book a place on the course
To book a place on the course, please email our Onshore Training team by following the link below.
For further information about the course, please email email@example.com or contact one of our onshore approved training providers.