Principles of Fish Quality Assessment (raw or cooked)
Raw and whole fish schemes for fishmongers, merchants and processors
This version of the course uses quality assessment schemes intended for the assessment of whole fish and include training on how to assess quality using the appearance of:
- Blood and slime etc.
There is a post course exam that may be taken if trainees wish to gain the full qualification. An attendance certificate is available to all attendees.
Cooked schemes for fish friers, chefs and seafood manufacturers
This version of the programme is ideal for those parts of the seafood industry that do not use whole fish. Part processed fish (usually fillets) can still be assessed for quality using the Torry cooked schemes that focus on:
- Cooked appearance
- Mouth feel etc of the cooked fish.
There is a post course practical exercise that may be carried out if trainees want to put theory into practice and gain the full qualification. An attendance certificate is available to all attendees.
- Both versions of this course are suitable for different parts of the seafood industry.
- It is a half-day remotely taught course delivered via Zoom.
- All attendees receive a record of training.
- A course booklet and other online resources (schemes, videos etc) are provided.
- The course costs £100 per person, funding may be available for eligible participants.
To ask questions about the course or to book a place on the course, please email our Onshore Training team by following the link below.