Intermediate Fish Quality Assessment
The intermediate course is a blended programme.
First the principles of fish quality assessment is delivered remotely by Seafish approved trainer Adrian Barratt.
This is followed on by one, two or three days of practical assessments of whitefish (usually cod or haddock) and flatfish (usually plaice).
The programme can be flexible to accommodate other species if needed and provided a recognised assessment scheme exists.
Usually only two species are covered during an intermediate course.
- Half day remotely delivered principles of fish quality assessment course.
- Two days (usually) of face to face practical assessment of fish.
- Can often be delivered onsite.
- Optional post course assessment.
- Ideal for fish inspectors, buyers, QA staff, managers and others who need more practice than an introductory course, and less theory than an advanced course.
- Torry and QIM schemes are covered.
- Raw and cooked assessment theory and practice.
- Trainees completing the full programme will receive a certificate from Seafish.
- Suitable for CPD and refresher training.
This course is often tailored to suit clients, delivered at various venues and to groups of between 6 and 12 trainees at a time.
Our costs are variable, but are usually around £200 per person per day*. Contact us with your needs and we will provide you with an estimate.
* based upon a group of 10 or more. NB: venue and fish costs may be extra.
For further information about the course or to ask for a course cost estimate, please email email@example.com