Bivalve Purification Operations Training
This course is available remotely (via Zoom) and in special circumstances face to face for a group. It is suitable for all employees in a bivalve purification and despatch centre, from operative to manager.
- This course is suitable for people working in depuration as operatives, supervisors and managers.
- Since 2020 this course has been delivered very effectively remotely via Zoom.
- It is a one day taught course which includes a 20 question multiple choice online test.
- People who pass the exam will receive a qualification jointly awarded by Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS) and Seafish.
- It is often delivered as an open course, but delivery to a single business, is also available.
- Course materials include a digital handbook.
Information about the course
- This is a one day training course which can be delivered on two consecutive half days.
- The online invigilated exam consists of 20 multiple choice questions.
- The learning materials are only available in English.
The course focuses on six areas:
- Threats to human health.
- Shellfish handling and storage.
- Bivalve purification operations.
- Food safety and bivalve purification.
- Health and safety essentials.
- Safer seafood production.
Cost is £150 per person and UK seafood businesses can access 50% funding (limitations, T&Cs apply).
Qualification awarded by REHIS
Learners who pass the exam will receive a qualification from the REHIS and Seafish.
Pre-requisites to study this course
There are no pre-requisites to study this course although a food hygiene qualification may be of help.
Book a place on the course
To book a place on the course, please email our Onshore Training team by following the link below.