Food Authenticity and Integrity Verification
- This is a fast-paced two-day advanced level programme aimed at both official control personal, technical managers and private sector verifiers.
- It is a two-day programme delivered over non-consecutive days.
- The course is delivered remotely via Zoom or Teams.
- Course materials will be provided with the joining instructions.
- Learners who complete the course will receive a joint award from the Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS) and Seafish.
Information about the course
It takes a practical case study and discursive approach to applying a modern forward-looking and scientific approach to the verification of food authenticity and integrity, encompassing traditional nature substance and quality, food fraud and food crime.
The course will apply Official Controls Verification (now also Food Business Operational Verification). This is a scientific, structured and systematic approach to verification and goes much deeper than traditional auditing techniques.
- Uses the latest thinking in Official Controls Verification (OCV) methodology* for business operators.
- Roles of TACCP, VACCP, QACCP and HACCP.
- Detailed examination of two complex seafood products.
- Gap analysis and triangulation.
- Scenario based delivery using case studies.
- Systematic approach to verification.
- Delivered remotely via Teams or Zoom.
* OCV is a powerful methodology developed by Food Standards Scotland and adapted by Seafish to be used by food business operators. Food Business Operational Verification is a new, powerful tool and unique to this course.
The cost for the courses is £400 per person. We can fund 50% of the cost for eligible seafood businesses.
Terms and Conditions apply.
Qualification awarded by the Royal Environmental Health Institute of Scotland (REHIS) and Seafish
Learners who attend and fully participate in the course will be awarded a joint qualification from REHIS and Seafish.
Pre-requisites to study this course
Within the pre course study and support materials are some case study materials which you are required to read before the training course.
Book a place on the course
To book a place on the course, please email our Onshore Training team by following the link below.
For further information about the course, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.