We founded UKFEN in early 2011 in order to promote professional exchange between fisheries economists and analysts. The network has many purposes, including:
- Linking researchers and analysts in academia, government and industry
- Sharing research plans among members
- The discussion and prioritisation of current and future research needs
- Coordination of research proposals and funding applications
- Debate and resolution of technical issues
- Communication between analysts and their customers
UKFEN meets regularly. We provide a chair for general meetings, and members are drawn from academia, government, marine laboratories and research institutes. There is no fee for membership, and no obligation to participate in meetings.
Next UKFEN meeting
Wednesday 25 September 2019, London
Socioeconomic perspectives on the UK small scale fleet
A one-day discussion on a wide range of topics related to the UK small scale fleet, from economic performance to social studies.
This is an opportunity to contribute to a better understanding of the issues the UK small scale fleet and its fishermen are facing, and help inform future discussions on the management of this sector. Symposium presentations will also contribute to the #FutureOfOurInshoreFisheries project.
This event is free. You can register here: Book your space at the UKFEN September symposium
If you would like to present at the symposium please send a one paragraph summary of your presentation before 16 August 2019 to Marta Quintana at email@example.com or Arina Motova at firstname.lastname@example.org