At Seafish, we achieve these objectives by providing expert, relevant, impartial and trusted economic evidence, analysis and evidence. Our work focus areas include:
- The seafood processing sector and its economic performance and impacts.
- The UK fishing fleet and its economic performance and impacts.
- Economic services offered to the industry, including vessel benchmarking.
- UKFEN, the UK Fisheries Economics Network.
- Quay Issues, a new magazine looking at creative and innovative approaches to the challenges facing the catching sector.
We also work with economic data relating to many other issues relevant to the UK seafood industry, including the reform of the Common Fisheries Policy, rights-based management, catch quotas, and Marine Protected Areas.