The meeting will run from 10.30am to 3.30pm.
You have to register to attend this meeting – email Karen Green to confirm your attendance.
AM. Worker representation – worker voice and beyond.
- The journey towards worker representation. Beverley Hall, Industrial Relations Adviser, ETI.
- Lessons learned: Issara Inclusive Labour Monitoring and worker voice in the Thai seafood industry. Tim Pilch, Issara Institute.
Worker representation - moderated panel session.
The importance and purpose of worker voice; identifying best practice; creating an enabling environment for worker representation; and the challenges for the seafood sector/fishing industry?
- Moderator: Louise Herring, Herring Consultancy.
- Panellists: Nick Kightley, ETI; David Dickens, Fishermen’s Mission; Melanie Siggs, Global Seafood Assurance; Two more TBC.
PM. The role of certification and assurance
- The emerging landscape of supply chain assurance schemes. Melanie Siggs, Global Seafood Assurance.
- Driving Social Responsibility At Sea: Benchmarking the AENOR ‘Atún de Pesca Responsible (APR) Standard’/ Monterey Framework for Socially Responsible Seafood.
Dr Julio Morón, OPAGAC
- How BAP social and labour standards are being applied and implemented and how they impact practices across the chain. Birgitte Poulsen, Consultant.
PM. Making a difference in Thailand
- Tracking Progress: Assessing Business Responses to Forced Labour and Human Trafficking in the Thai Seafood Industry. Hannah Boles, Praxis Labs.
- The latest technological advances - labour indicators using VMS data. Brad Soule, OceanMind.
PM. Collaborative working
- Collaborative working. Andy Hickman, Tesco/SEA Alliance Chair.
- UK Fisheries Sector Human Rights and Social Welfare Baseline Project. David Hammond. HRAS.
Download the Seafood Ethics Common Language Group Meeting Agenda
For further information contact Karen Green:
T: 01480 431500. M: 07515 993499 E: firstname.lastname@example.org