Young Seafood Leaders Network
Inspired by fellow overseas networking groups; the network was launched at the end of the UK Seafood Summit in October 2018 in response to commitments made in Seafish’s 2018-21 Corporate Plan to support the seafood sector as an employer of choice.
The Young Seafood Leaders Network is a platform for knowledge sharing, identification and appreciation of best practice. The goals are to:
- Provide opportunities to explore business development ideas, study innovation and lead change in the industry
- Provide networking opportunities
- Build partnerships and mentoring between young professionals and experienced industry practitioners
- Develop leadership skills
- Identify professional development opportunities & to help finding a platform to develop in
- Give our members a voice in industry
The Network is led by a steering group who shape the Network’s annual programme of events and activities.
Join the future stars of the seafood industry
The Young Seafood Leaders Network members are the future stars of the seafood industry. The Network gives members the platform and voice to share ideas and shape the industry. The network is open to aspiring seafood leaders between 25 and 40 years of age who are passionate about their own development and that of the UK seafood industry in general. Connect with your fellow peers today and access a wealth of knowledge and insight into the industry by registering to join the Young Seafood Leaders Network.
The steering group represents the diversity of the Network and the seafood industry and will play a crucial part in delivering the Network’s objectives.
- Femke de Boer, SWFPA
- William Davies, Seachill
- Megan Doxford, Marine Harvest Scotland
- John Hester, Young’s Seafood Ltd
- Sarah Hussey, Sea Farms Ltd
- Emma McKeating, Independent Fishmonger
- James Wood, Yorkshire Wildlife Trust/Consultant/Fisherman
Member's Terms of Reference
View our Member's Terms of Reference
To find out more about the Network contact email@example.com