Apprenticeships for Scotland
The Level 2 Fish and Shellfish Processing SVQ was launched by SQA in April 2013. In 2014 it was joined by a Level 3 fish and shellfish industry skills qualification.
Fish and shellfish businesses include all of the onshore sectors of the industry, bivalve purification, merchanting, processing, manufacturing, mongering and retail as well as fish and chips.
- SQA webpage on Level 2 fish and shellfish qualification.
- For Level 3 (Manager and Supervisor) apprenticeships (Fish Friers, Processors and Mongers) see this SQA webpage - Level 3 Fish and Shellfish SVQ
- Visit the Scottish Seafood Training Network to find out what activities are planned.
- The Seafood Training Academy Prospectus which lists all of the main training programmes available from Seafish and the Seafood Training Academy.
- The news and events sections of the Scottish Seafood Training Network
For more detailed information on the range of fish and shellfish apprenticeships and vocational qualification in Scotland, we suggest that you contact the Seafish recognised apprenticeship provider in Scotland Polaris Learning Ltd.