Apprenticeships for fishmongers, fish friers and seafood processors
Funding for apprenticeships varies across the UK so you should contact a local provider to confirm what rules are in place in your area. They should also tell you which apprenticeships are most useful to your business. We work with several apprenticeship providers, but our list may not include all the providers you could contact. It is important that you decide which provider and which apprenticeship is best for you.
- Apprenticeships may be valuable to your business because:
- Apprenticeships can support staff development so that employees have important skills and knowledge.
- Apprenticeships can be directly relevant to the operations in your business.
- Apprenticeships can help to boost productivity and quality of output.
- Apprenticeships can help attract talent.
- Advertising a new job role with an apprenticeship attached can result in more and better applications.
We work together with other organisations to offer apprenticeships across the UK for the onshore seafood industry:
- Fish Frier Apprenticeships
- Fishmonger Apprenticeships
- Fish and Shellfish Apprenticeships
- Seafood Processor Apprenticeships
Apprenticeships are delivered differently in different parts of the UK. The kind of seafood apprenticeships available in Scotland, Wales, England and Northern Ireland can be different as well. Use the links below to find out more about the seafood industry apprenticeships on offer.
Find information about fishing apprenticeships by visiting the Training for New Entrants to the Fishing Industry webpage.
Find information about aquaculture apprenticeships by visiting the Careers and Training in Aquaculture webpage.
If you'd like further information, please contact the Onshore Training team at Seafish.
T: 01472 252 300