Geographical Coverage: The NFFF is based in Leeds. For businesses operating in the fish frying sector anywhere in the UK, the NFFF is likely to be their first point of contact.
The NFFF is also a member of the Food and Drink National Skills Academy
Seafish is based in Grimsby, Hull, Edinburgh and elsewhere in the UK. Seafish can also be contacted regarding enquiries in this region.
Fish and Shellfish courses and programmes offered by the NFFF
- Three day fish frying course - delivered at the training school in Leeds;
- One day and bespoke training courses for fish friers;
- Fish Frying Skills - a Seafish/NFFF distance learning programme;
- Customer Service Skills - a Seafish/NFFF distance learning programme;
- Level 2 Food safety and H&S open learning programmes. Usually in conjunction with the 3 day frying course.
Other support offered to fish frying businesses
- The NFFF maintains a team of trainers and tutors, as well as a number of individuals who act as assessors for the distance learning programmes;
- NFFF assessors also provide some support to the various Apprenticeship Providers who deliver intermediate and advanced apprenticeships to fish frying employers.