Principles of Fish Smoking
This course is suitable for people who want to know more about how to smoke fish. It is aimed at people who would like to set up their own fish smoking operation and individuals who have some experience of working in the industry. Having appropriately trained staff will assist businesses to function effectively.
- The learner will gain a good theoretical understanding of brining, salting and smoking fish.
- No pre-course requirements although some food hygiene knowledge is helpful.
- Learners who attend the course and actively participate in discussions will receive a Seafish qualification.
Information about the course
- This one-day taught course, delivered using Zoom or Teams, will help the learner become knowledgeable in the key principles of fish smoking.
- Post course learning materials are provided.
- The learning materials are only available in English.
- There is no online exam.
- Learners who attend the training course and who have actively participated in discussions will be awarded with a Seafish certificate.
The main topics covered are:
- Brining, salting and smoking methods.
- Kiln operations.
- Achieving a quality product.
- Cold and hot smoking processes.
It costs £100 per person to attend the course. 50% funding is currently available for qualifying individuals. (T&Cs apply).
Qualification awarded by Seafish
Learners who attend the course and actively participate will receive a Seafish qualification.
Book a place on the course
To book a place on the course, please email our Onshore Training team by following the link below.