Safety funding for shellfish farmers and cockle fishers in Wales
Application window is now closed
We are administering funding made available by Welsh Government to help commercial cockle fishers and intertidal aquaculture production businesses in Wales buy Personal Flotation Devices (PFDs) with integrated Personal Location Beacons (PLBs).
The deadline for applications was Wednesday 20th January. We are not longer accepting applications for this funding.
Please note that all applicants must secure approval from Seafish before buying any equipment to be eligible for reimbursement.
How do successful applicants make a claim?
You will receive a claim form with the email confirming your successful application.
You have until Friday 26th February to make a purchase and return your completed claim form to us along with evidence of your purchase. We will accept a copy of the original VAT receipt and a photograph of the equipment as evidence.
All claims should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Late claims will not be accepted.
REMEMBER! funding will not be awarded retrospectively. To be eligible for reimbursement, you must be in receipt of an approval email confirming success of your application before buying equipment.
Claims will be reimbursed within 28 days.
Who is eligible for this funding?
Cockle fishers and shellfish farmers in Wales who:
- Hold a valid Welsh Government Cockle Permit or Natural Resources Wales Cockle Licence and have been actively fishing for cockles in Wales at some point over the last two years.
- Are a registered intertidal shellfish Aquaculture Production Business based in Wales and have been actively producing at some point over the last two years.
You must also:
- Have not previously received support for purchasing PFDs and PLBs within the last three years.
- Have not received up to or over €30,000 of de minimus aid within the last three years.
We’ll check with relevant bodies, including Natural Resources Wales, Welsh Government and CEFAS, to confirm the accuracy of the information provided in an application. The data we share is restricted to:
- Cockle permit / licence number
- Aquaculture Production Business registration and activity
Do you need help?
For more information on this scheme, or help with completing and submitting your claim form, please get in touch with:
Project Administrator on 07966 393 987 or email email@example.com
Alternatively, please contact Dr Holly Whiteley using the below details.