The Love Seafood Group
What the Love Seafood Group (LSG) does
The LSG plays an important role in shaping our consumer marketing activity. Members use their unique positions within industry to provide advice on priorities for consumer marketing, including suggestions on content development and campaign planning.
The LSG meets at least four times per year. During these meetings members review and discuss proposals for Love Seafood marketing content, campaigns and activity. There is also a role for members in identifying new areas of activity and content for Love Seafood to explore.
In addition, members provide expert advice on how to best engage seafood businesses with Love Seafood activities. This helps amplify the Love Seafood message and campaigns. Members are also asked to help build greater industry awareness of campaigns, activity and brand by cascading information through their own networks.
Further information is available in the LSG terms of reference, which can be downloaded from the link below:
LSG is made up from individuals working in the seafood industry across the UK. Businesses of varying sizes and from multiple sectors are in regular attendance.
The Love Seafood Group currently includes the following industry members:
- Neil Greig – Commercial Director, Associated Seafoods
- Michael Sowerby – Marketing Manager, Birds Eye
- Nicola Rowbotham – Fishmonger, Booker Wholesale
- Julie Waites – Executive Director, FASFA
- Chantelle Williams – Owner, Fresh from the Boat
- Sinclair Banks – Manager, Lunar Seafood
- Tina Ellison – Owner, Out of the Deep
- John Penaluna – Owner, Penaluna’s Famous Fish & Chips (and member of National Federation of Fish Friers Executive Committee)
- Stephen Main – Commercial Manager, Thistle Seafoods
- Claire Greenbank – Category Development Manager, Whitby Seafoods
- Martin Yorwarth – Owner, Yowarth Fresh Fish
- Keely Wade – Marketing Manager, Young’s
Our LSG is Chaired by Kate Forbes, Category Director at Birds Eye. Kate was appointed as Chair in August 2021.Industry members on the group serve a three year term. Current membership is due to be renewed after September 2022. If you are interested in becoming a member please get in touch via the contact details below.
We provide secretariat support for the LSG to ensure that the views of our industry are at the beating heart of Love Seafood campaigns, activity and brand. This is one of the key drivers of the Seafish consumer marketing strategy – and core to our 20-year initiative. In addition to members, Seafish representatives also attend meetings to share relevant experience that will help to drive strategy and campaign decisions.
Current LSG members from Seafish are:
- Greg Smith – Head of Marketing
- Naomi McCann – Marketing Manager
- Andy Gray – Trade Marketing Manager
- Lynn Gilmore – Head of International Trade and Regions
Contacts and further information
To find out more about our Love Seafood Group, please contact:
You can sign up to receive email updates for seafood businesses about Love Seafood from the link below:
Further information about Love Seafood is also available from the links below: