Love Seafood Social online festival
The Love Seafood Social was a virtual festival which celebrated the launch of our new consumer initiative. It aimed to remove the barriers that prevent people from buying and cooking seafood at home, making it simple and accessible for everyone to enjoy. The festival programme included ‘cook-alongs’ and ‘how to’ sessions to give people seafood inspiration.
Online festival programme
The festival started on Monday 12 October with a programme featuring some of the UK’s best celebrity cooks and TV personalities. The famous faces included Celebrity MasterChef winners Nadia Sawalha and John Partridge and Love Island’s Dani Dyer. It also featured food broadcasters and experts Nigel Barden and CJ Jackson and chef Rachel Green.
Festival events were live-streamed across Love Seafood channels, then made available on IGTV and Facebook once they wrapped The activity schedule ran as follows:
Monday 12 October
- Learn to cook Mexican style fish tacos with radio presenter Nigel Barden. Watch on Facebook
- Tv Personality Nadia Sawalha teaches you to cook her magic prawn recipe, and gives tips for a simple sea bass supper. Watch on Instagram
Tuesday 13 October
- Award-winning Shap Chippy tell us what goes into making their perfect fish and chips, each and every time. Watch on Facebook
- Learn to cook a Feel Good seafood stew with the star of our new film, CJ Jackson
Wednesday 14 October
- Want to know how to pick the right fish for your dish? Seafood experts MarrFish are on hand to help. Watch on Facebook
- Make a deluxe fish pie with EastEnders’ John Partridge - a winning winter warmer! Watch on Instagram
Thursday 15 October
- Super chef Rachel Green teaches you how to create a fabulous fish curry. Watch on Facebook
- Blogger, Adam from ‘At Dad’s Table’ shows you how to cook a simple yet delicious, prawn and black bean quesadilla. Watch on Instagram
Friday 16 October
We were delighted with the results from the festival activity as part of our first Love Seafood campaign.
Love Seafood is built to serve three key objectives. Whilst the festival activity complemented each of the objectives, its main focus was to build awareness of the new brand. This is something we’re confident the activity has delivered against.
Our cook-along hosts helped us spread the word of the festival and hosted their sessions on their own channels, encouraging people to join the Love Seafood community and driving traffic to the Love Seafood website.
The lunchtime sessions with industry experts were also popular. We served the nation some top tips on cooking with seafood as well as an insight into what goes into our favourite takeaway. In addition the film of Dani Dyer visiting her local fishmonger Osborne’s, was shared to her 3 million Instagram followers.
Some of the top line stats from the campaign activity results are:
- 13 influencers engaged across 5 days of activity including 5 live cook-alongs – all providing inspiration for easy seafood week night dinners.
- 73 pieces of coverage across print and online media and 12 media hits.
- 12,200 social media engagements.
- 218,975 video views during the campaign.
- 18 million reach across all campaign activity.
Get in touch
We’ve created an online form to allow businesses to sign up to receive information about Love Seafood:
You can also get in touch with the team working on Love Seafood directly by email on firstname.lastname@example.org.