Love Seafood campaign on fish in foodservice
Launching in August 2021, our fish in foodservice Love Seafood campaign is an extension of our ‘Summer of Feel Good Food’. It follows on from our recent fish and chips campaign as we continue to focus on supporting fish through foodservice channels.
We know foodservice and hospitality has faced a challenging year due to the Covid-19 pandemic. With restrictions easing across the country, consumers are keen to spend time with family and friends, celebrating all the special occasions missed over the last 15 months. We want to support the industry and encourage people to choose seafood when they’re eating out of home.
Campaign activity and messaging
With this campaign we want consumers to choose fish when they are eating out of home – whether they are dining in a restaurant or picking up something tasty from a takeaway or food shack.
We’ll highlight various species of fish which are a common choice of, and easily accessible to, our target audiences. We’re going to be targeting consumers across two of our audience segments – ‘stretched families’ and ‘starting out’.
Our campaign messaging will focus on:
- This summer staycation, eating out is your passport to new tastes, experiences and discoveries.
- From the hottest pop-up in town to your favourite family restaurant, step into a tasty adventure with fish dishes worth shouting about.
- Everyone's got a friend with a favourite fish dish. Get in the know by taking them up on their rave review, while sinking feelings of fear of missing out (FOMO) at the same time. It’s a win win situation.
- Enjoy a tasty seafood dish in your favourite restaurant. It’s packed full of goodness and tastes delicious!
Campaign activity will run from 16 August for a four week period. It will include:
- Digital display ads on TripAdvisor to take consumers on a tasty voyage of discovery
- A fish ‘content-takeover’ on the Love Seafood website, including listicle content featuring best reviewed restaurants for fish dishes
- Organic and paid for social media activity on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- A fish focused newsletter sent out to our consumer mailing list
- Partnerships with food bloggers and influencers who will share content about eating fish out of home with their audiences
- PR activity promoting stories and news about fish to UK consumers, via various consumer media channels
How to get involved
To help maximise the campaign reach we’re encouraging foodservice businesses to get involved. Why not create and share content on social media around the delicious white fish dishes on your menu? Don’t forget to add #LoveSeafood so we can see your posts.
If you need some content to help with this check out the Love Seafood templates and graphics available for free from our online asset bank. You can access asset bank from the link below:
If you haven’t already used asset bank you’ll need to create an account for access. Once you’ve logged in simply go to the Love Seafood category to browse and select the files you want to download.
You can also follow Love Seafood on social media and like and share our posts to help reach as many people as possible. You can find us on different social platforms from the links below:
Further information and contacts
While you’re here, why not keep in touch? You can sign up to our business mailing list to receive information on Love Seafood marketing plans and activity evaluation from the link below:
If you have any queries about the campaign you can contact our marketing team on firstname.lastname@example.org