In the week that the UK is set to leave the EU, the Scottish Seafood Summit will be a platform for debate and discussion around one of the biggest topics to affect the seafood industry in decades.
As an independent organisation working closely with industry and Government, Seafish is well placed to help the industry manage the impact of the UK’s exit from the EU and we are bringing together experts from across the UK to talk at the summit.
Leaving the EU will present challenges and opportunities across the seafood industry, and our goal with this summit is to equip our stakeholders to respond to the changing landscape.
Themes explored will include:
- Setting the scene: EU Exit update and macro implications
- Our changing trading relationship with the EU and beyond
- Access to our fisheries resources post EU Exit – implications for UK supply
- Labour constraints: EU Exit and our changing immigration status – what are the options for Scottish seafood businesses?
- Colin Faulkner (Defra)
- Scottish Food & Drink
- Hazel Curtis (Seafish)
- Arina Motova (Seafish)
- Professor Richard Barnes (University of Hull)
- Allan Gibb (Marine Scotland)
- Mike Park (SWFPA)
- Michael Dick (Seafish)
- Darren Stevenson (McGill & Partners Immigration Lawyers)
- Lewis Cowie (Seafish)
- Mike Mitchell
- Jonas Vidarsson (Matis Iceland)
Like its sister event, the UK Seafood Summit, the Scottish event is free to attend and as well as a platform for discussion and debate there are also great networking opportunites including an export seminar and our Seafood Fayre showcasing local food producers.
View the highlights video from the 2018 UK Seafood Summit in the Related Videos section below.