A key focus in this first year of the project is a two day conference providing an opportunity for fishermen and industry leaders to come together with policy makers, research institutes and environmental groups to discuss and consider possible fisheries management models.
The conference aims to shape the road map for the future management of inshore fisheries resources:
- Build awareness, understanding and consensus amongst the participants involved in the future management of our inshore fisheries resources
- Establish a blueprint for the future management of inshore fisheries
- Lay the foundations for collaborative management of our inshore fisheries in the future
A full agenda and line-up of speakers will be released in due course, but will include:
- Research commissioned for the conference
- Presentations/ case studies of alternative management models.
We particularly invite fishermen to attend and be part of creating the blue print for the future management of the inshore sector. A limited number of bursaries/funding is available for fishermen to cover attendance costs. Please contact Holly Kaiser on 0131 558 3331 for further information.