You have to register to attend this meeting – email Karen Green to confirm your attendance.
Outline of Agenda
Theme 1. Fisheries policy and funding opportunities
- Brexit – the future for fisheries management, the Fisheries Bill and the current political situation. Anne Freeman, Deputy Director, Domestic Fisheries and Reform, Defra.
- Trade implications with regard to processing and raw material supply. Andrew Kuyk, Seafood Industry Alliance.
- Research priorities and opportunities for Fisheries Innovation Scotland. Kara Brydson, FIS.
- Seafood Innovation Fund. What is being funded? Belinda Howell, SIF Steering Group.
PM. Theme 2. Fish stock status and emerging issues
- Fish stock status in the North East Atlantic – threats and opportunities. Bill Lart, Seafish.
- The Good Fish Guide. Sam Stone, Marine Conservation Society.
- How fluctuations impact on the ability for fisheries to stay in the MSC programme – looking for solutions. Erin Priddle, Marine Stewardship Council.
- Issues impacting on the Inshore Fisheries in the UK. Jerry Percy, New Under Ten Fisherman’s Association.
- How prepared is the fishing industry for the implications of climate change? Tara Marshall, University of Aberdeen.
Download the Common Language Group Meeting Agenda
For further information contact Karen Green:
T: 01480 431500. M: 07515 993499 E: Karen.email@example.com