The meeting will run from 10.30am to 3.30pm.
You have to register to attend this meeting – email Karen Green to confirm your attendance
10.30 Welcome and introductions/Minutes of the previous meeting on 30 April 2019.
Lee Cocker, Seafish.
10.35 - 12.35 Theme 1 – Innovative practitioners in the UK.
- RAS. Fresh Prawns Produced in Lincolnshire. Dr Jonathan Newman, Flo-Gro Fresh.
- Wrasse and lumpfish. Daniel Philips, Ocean Matters.
- European spiny lobster. Larval culture work. David Fletcher, RAS Aquaculture Research Ltd.
- Offshore. Huw Thomas, Offshore Shellfish Ltd.
- The potential for UK seaweeds. Kate Burns, Islander Rathlin Kelp.
12.35 - 1.30 LUNCH
1.30 - 2.10 UK aquaculture overview. Lee Cocker, Seafish.
- Landscape - Who’s who in UK Aquaculture
- Seafish activities
- Devolved Administrations activities
2.10 - 3.15 Theme 2. Consumer perceptions
- Fish welfare guidelines. Dan Lee, Global Aquaculture Alliance.
- GLOBALG.A.P: Balancing demand and assurance. Remko Oosterveld, GlobalG.A.P.
- The Sustainable Seafood Consumption Initiative. Dave Little, University of Stirling.
3.15 - 3.30 The future of the group going forward.
3.30 Meeting end.
The next meeting will be in April 2020. Date and venue TBC.
For further information contact: Karen Green.
T: 01480 431500 M: 07515 993499 E: Karen.firstname.lastname@example.org