Seafish Wales Advisory Committee Member Vacancies
Members will use their industry expertise and knowledge to help shape our work by identifying key issues and defining our areas of focus.
- Committee members are expected to bring their expertise, enthusiasm and commitment to support Seafish in adapting and responding to the changing requirements of the Welsh seafood sector.
- Appointment to the Committee is for an initial term of three years with the possibility to extend for a second term.
- Positions are not remunerated, however all reasonable out of pocket expenses will be paid.
- The Committee meets a minimum of two times a year. Meetings are currently held virtually and may occasionally be held at various locations in Wales in the future.
The SWAC helps to improve the delivery of our services in Wales by making sure our work is targeted to the issues that matter most to the Welsh seafood sector.
We’d loved to hear from people who have expertise or commercial experience in the Welsh seafood supply chain in at least one of the following areas:
- Welsh ports and markets,
- Welsh catching or aquaculture sector,
- Welsh processing sector,
- Welsh seafood export, wholesale and/or retail sectors.
We would like SWAC members to help us by:
- Using your sector expertise to identify the priorities and challenges facing Welsh industry,
- Helping shape the Seafish work programme including highlighting developing trends and new areas of focus,
- Working collectively to agree priority areas for the SWAC to focus on.
How to apply
To apply, please email a brief description of how you fulfil the criteria above and what you would bring to the role to: Holly.Whiteley@seafish.co.uk
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Jon Parker, Chair of SWAC: email@example.com
Applications should be received no later than Monday 24 May 2021.
Process for considering applications
All applications will be reviewed by Seafish. Applicants may be interviewed, and successful candidates will be appointed by the Seafish Executive.
Seafish is a Non-Departmental Public Body (NDPB) funded by a levy on the first sale of seafood products in the UK. We work in partnership with our industry stakeholders to support a thriving seafood industry with turnover around £10bn.
For more information about the work that we do please click on the following link to check out our Corporate Plan and latest Annual Plan.
The SWAC consists of a Chair and appointed independent members who are recruited directly by Seafish.
Seafish values diversity and equality of opportunity.
Full SWAC Terms of Reference are available on request.
This advert is available to view in Welsh. To view the advert, please click on the link below.