Spring 2021 update from Love Seafood
What Love Seafood has achieved to date
We’re delighted with how well our Love Seafood consumer brand has been received since it launched last October. So far:
- Over 3 million people have seen our social media content.
- Love Seafood has been featured 118 times in national newspapers and magazines - with a reach of 90 million.
- Over 220,000 people have tuned into Love Seafood videos.
- And more than 55,000 have visited the Love Seafood website.
Watch the short video below for an overview of Love Seafood impacts and achievements to date:
As well as delivering marketing activity for consumers, we’re also supporting seafood businesses. We’ve created marketing tools and assets for businesses to use and are we’re running Marketing Masterclass webinars to help independent seafood businesses.
So far over 600 businesses have gotten involved and used our content and marketing support. A great example of this is the way we helped International Fish Canners with some recipe inspiration for their customers. Check out their story in our supported by Seafish series to find out more.
Full steam ahead with our Spring 2021 campaign
This month we’re partnering with Defra on a campaign featuring UK species. It forms part of our drive to strengthen and build wider seafood category through Love Seafood consumer brand.
It’s a media-focused campaign with national activity showcasing hero species in recipes and health features. There’s also regional activity highlighting local seafood champions. We’re engaging with these seafood professionals to get their advice, ideas and top-tips on best ways to access, prepare and cook the great species we’re talking about.
We’ve booked media across four key channels:
- Daily mail print and online.
- Reach PLC for regional coverage/publications (in print and online)
- Bauer for local radio
- Facebook for social media
You can see some examples of the content that’s already gone out as part if the campaign in the image gallery below:
There’s still time to get involved and support the campaign – go to our campaign webpage to find out more:
Planning for our Year 2 marketing activity
We’re also underway with planning our marketing activity for the second year of Love Seafood. This next phase of activity will pick in the summer. Some of the exciting things coming up will include:
- Building our network of seafood champions across the UK
- Creating more assets that businesses can use to promote seafood to your consumers
- Continuing to deliver ‘always on’ consumer marketing activity
- Launching industry content with information for consumers on key issues
We’ll be sharing more details on our plans over the coming months so watch this space for updates.
Please note, as from 11 April 2022, the Love Seafood initiative and all associated activity has come to an end. Thank you for your support and for being a part of the journey to ‘bring on better living’.