We have developed a number of voluntary short courses for fishermen who want to increase their skills and knowledge to levels above minimum legal requirements.
- Two- and five-day navigation courses
- Two- and five-day engineering courses
- One-day stability awareness course
Completion of these courses (with the addition of the Royal Yachting Association's GMDSS Short Range Certificate for radio operators) make up the requirements for our Under 16.5m Skipper's Certificate, which is accepted by the MCA for use on small commercial vessels.
We have also developed other voluntary courses for new entrant fishermen. These include:
- Introduction to Commercial Fishing - a 3-week induction course for those wanting to begin a career in fishing
- Sea Fishing Apprenticeship - a year-long course for new entrants developed in collaboration with the Maritime Skills Alliance
For details on course availability, contact your nearest Seafish approved training provider or phone us on 01472 252302.